Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Career Day [Day 1].

We had our Career Day today. I and the rest of the seniors got to hear from both professionals and students speaking about their college degree that they had picked, and all the struggles they went through. I think I'm going to take Fine Arts, but I'm not quite that sure yet. Anyway, I had fun listening to the speakers earlier, and I got to know that you and only you are the only one who can choose the right degree for yourself.

I didn't really get to take pictures today, basically because I didn't have the gut to take out my phone and take pictures during the sessions. I mean, there were teachers behind us all the time, and they would, with no doubt, confiscate my phone if I started taking pictures during the sessions. I'm supposed to listen, not to take pictures I suppose. Anyway, Kervey has started taking lessons in the Norwegian Language. He's soon going to be in Norway, and I'm happy for him. He will graduate as a Computer Engineer this coming March, and he'll then be known as Engr. Kervey Alferez.

Helping Kervey with his pronunciations.
It ain't easy, y'know? :))
And here are some brochures I received from the career day earlier. (From left to right: System Technology Institute, University of San Jose-Recoletos, Don Bosco Technology Center, and Asian College of Technology.)
So that's pretty much it for today. I'll write about part 2, or in other words, day 2 tomorrow. As I've written somewhere, I'm planning to study in Cebu Institute of Technology - University, and a representative or two will be coming tomorrow for our second day of Career Day, so I'll see what they've got. I believe it's the university for me. :)

- Christin Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment