Thursday, January 19, 2012

Room makeover: My name on my wall.

Last night, I went to in my sister's room. I don't think I remember why, but I lay on her bed for a short time. She had just put up some cut out letters on her wall, and well, she got inspired by all those inspiring photos you can find everywhere in the internet. I lay there, and thought maybe I could do something like that. But of course, I wanted something different. My sister's were all colorful and bold, which isn't exactly me. So I told her I wanted to do something like it, and then I went to my room and thought about a quotation about me trying to be different all the time. But sadly, it all sounded like cliches (which they probably are) and then I decided to put up my name instead of a quotation. Hey, why put up a quotation when you have a name that already says much about you? :))

This is what my sister put on her wall above her bed. (I'm sure she didn't notice that she misspelled LIVING.)

I don't usually like to do lettering because it takes much of my time, and when I want to do something, I want it done immediately. So I wrote my name on the Micrfosoft Word pad, changed the font size to 510, and got it printed out. Sure, there I sat and cut out every letter of my name carefully. Of course, it took about an hour to get them all out (since I go out of my room at times). Well, yeah, after I cut them all out, I put them up on my wall (also above my bed), and then Kervey came bursting into my room, whining. I was a bit offended on how he just came in like that, where I haven't had seen him in days (because I'm asleep when he gets home from school), and not even caring about that fact. Oh well, problems always blind people. Anyway, my sister then came in and helped me put tapes on the letters and put them up, but they were always never straight, so Kervey took care of it. Well, it's always useful to have an engineer around in the house. :)

Got the letters printed out one by one.
And put them up! There, they're still uneven, as you can obviously see. Looks good sitting there with my name on the background! :))
Then Kervey adjusted them. Looks even now, huh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment