Monday, June 13, 2011

Subject orientation.

So today at school, we had our subject orientation. This is where every subject teacher that is going to take care of different subjects in our year level will talk about the subject and give us the requirements needed for this whole school year in that specific subject. I don't know how I just explained, but shall we move on?

We had teachers that we're new to, like our adviser. He has a great personality, as I've said some posts earlier about the start of senior life. We also had a new teacher in History today, and I must say, he's awesome. He said he used to be a stand-up comedian, and I can see that. He's funny, of course. He's also still young, and claims to be a 'modern' teacher instead of a traditional one. He doesn't care about us cheating during exams, doesn't care how we look and if we don't wear our school uniform properly, and doesn't care how we sit on our chairs as long as we're comfortable, as long as we listen. And yeah, I think we're going to have a great time.


But the subject after history was no good, and it was Christian Living Education. The worst thing is, our teacher is a nun, and I don't think I can hold myself together so much longer anymore. And the worst part, it somehow matters if you're a catholic or not. What they believe is, you can't have faith without religion, and I think that is pathetic. Our teacher, the nun, asked the whole class who aren't a catholic...

Oh lawd, she was goddamn serious. No joke.
Awkward, if you ask me. I don't like being tested. Once I say no to not believing, don't test me. They can't be that ignorant, can they? Is it that hard to understand why I don't believe in the God they think he is up there in the clouds sitting on his throne? No, it's not, not with all the problems of the world. But aside that, my day was great. I just got a teensy bit embarrassed by that nun earlier. I hope that doesn't happen again, or she'll eventually taste my atheism.

- Christin Madeleine

1 comment: