Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Oh my God!"

I woke up at 5:22 this morning, and I admit, I was NOT in mood. I knew this was not what I wanted because of me being such a shy person and all that stuff. I came to school at about 6:38 and my mates from today's event were all from the first section, so I was always silent because I wasn't a close friend. Anyway, here are some pictures from today:

Frozen water (and when it melts it'll be ice cold) and my lunch.

"I don't want to go."

Borrowed my sister's back pack.

Press Conference.

The hosts were amazing, they were funny!

Mates.

Myrnie winning first place in the Copy Reading and Headline Writing contest. Congratulations!

Myrnie, Shaira, Krizzia and Serene.

Jevon, Ms.April and Ms.Rowena (the two guidance councilors).


And here are the photos I took for the contest (the ones with captions are the ones that were submitted):

"Marshes found to beautify the scene."





"Disastrous changes in trees."

"When we cut trees, we are entitled to replace them."


"How people abuse nature's gift."

"Infrastructure's role in these changes."
All captions were made by Myrnie (the girl in the picture holding a certificate and wearing a medal, won 1st place in Headline writing). Well, for some reason, I should've chosen the pictures and captions myself. Oh well, I'm not a professional, and I'm still learning. I didn't win at all, but I'm fine with that. I didn't want to join but I did it for the sake of our school or something... I don't know. Maybe because I want to experience something new and try to get a little rid of this shyness, and I think it helped. Throughout the whole press conference I kept on whispering, "Oh my God" because I was afraid of what was going to happen and who was going to win... so that explains the title. I forgot what our (photojournalists') mentor's name was from the photojournalism session earlier (before we went out taking pictures), but he was indeed very good in explaining to us about photography and its importance. He even taught us about PICTURESS (yes, with two Ss, and I don't so fully agree with PRAYERS, but well well, I can live with that).

P rayer
I mpact
C
T iming
U nity
R eadiness
E
S tory
S harpness

I forgot some of them. Maybe they'll pop out in my head and I'll put them on here. ;)


What do you think about the pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment