Friday, April 15, 2011

Session two.

Ah, I'm having so much fun with these drum lessons that it totally makes my day! I should've started much earlier, for I have realized how fun it really is. Well, that's the point, isn't it? I am really happy I sort of trusted myself to go for drums. It's something different, really. Piano and guitar bores me. I mean, I don't think guitar or piano is boring, I find it amazing when other people play it, but not when I do. But today? Let me tell you...

Today I had my first drum solo! Haha, well, not exactly, but really! My instructor let me randomly hit anything (with my drum sticks) while on the eight-note count/beat or whatever you call that while the bass drum on quarter-note count/beat. I didn't get it at first, but of course, I got much better in the end. I just really need time. ♥

As of my instructor, he's amazing. Not only do I mean that because he's good at drums, he has the personality. He shares experiences relating to his first time playing drums and that he didn't undergo lessons like I do. I mean, he is just really patient and allows me to take my time. That is a good thing though, and I do not regret anything.

Haha, yes, I'm THAT happy! Yeah... I look pretty lame here. Who cares? I'M HAPPY!

- Christin Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment