Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Session six.

TODAY I learned a groove that was confusing. I had to keep repeating the groove so many times I started to confuse myself. It was now quarter notes on the hihats and when my instructor demonstrated it looked easy. But when I sat down on the drum throne and tried for myself, all you could see was FAIL.

Haha well, I got it in the end though... like always, I suppose. I also got to listen to a song and had to play drums along. Actually, the way drums sound in my head and in the song wasn't the same, so I got really confused. My instructor taught me it's like this and that, so I followed. I may not be able to play by ear YET, but he said I have timing, YAY!

That's pretty much it though.

Lovely random picture. ;)

- Christin Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment