Monday, April 18, 2011

Session three.

Even better. I thought we were going to be late today, because we were in the city picking up the pieces needed to make a new computer. Kervey is an expert at this. Anyway, I was a little pissed on the way to A.Salonga (music shop and school [where I go and take my drum lessons]) because I have not been practicing so much lately. My dad is a little afraid random people are going to 'play' with the drums and break them. Since many people come over on Sundays, my dad took the drum sticks and put it in my room.

Anyway, the third session was better than the last. I do believe every session gets better. Today I learned, somehow, the When September Ends by Green Day beat. As everything else, it was a little complicated at first, but I got it in the end.

The thing I see now is that I have to be patient with myself, and a little more considerate. I taught myself piano back then and it was all frustration. It is different to teach yourself than to be taught. The good thing with being taught is that you get it faster, and it won't be so frustrating.

Anyway, I learned a new "fill in" today! And I can so say, my second drum solo! Haha! I just really love my drum teacher's sense of humor. He knows how to refrain awkwardness during the sessions, and not only that, he explains things carefully, sometimes over again (to refresh my mind), and that is a good teacher.

Lame picture. c:

- Christin Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment