Thursday, August 11, 2011

Retreat.

Ah, it's good to be home. But I must say, the "Holy Retreat" is one of the best experiences ever. I know, I know, it was religious and very christian, but that's not the whole point. I was there with my classmates and my buddies. And there we were, sleeping together in a dormitory (well, the girls and boys each had different dormitories). The fact that we could do something that different together, spend time together, was just... fantastic. We had a lot of activities that concentrated on yourself, especially your good sides. I felt better about myself, of course.

But I must say, I was really, really scared and started to scare the shit out of myself again with all those scary ghost stories that were said to be true. Some said there would be something or someone that would be knocking on the windows of the girls' dormitory at night, and that they would hear footsteps inside the dormitory when they slept or were about to fall asleep. Even my buddy, Shelamay, told me about this since they had their retreat last Tuesday. According to her text messages, she wrote that she/they would hear someone walking around checking if they were asleep or not, and it was four o'clock in the morning. Now, isn't that enough to make you shit bricks? Then she also told me that they felt bad 'auras' in different rooms. But as wimps as most of us girls are from my section, we couldn't even open a single door without having to run away like scared chickens.

Beside that, it was a great experience. Being there in Don Bosco did make me forget about troubles or problems. You see, despite being in a room full of kind-of-religious people, I saw beyond their religion. It doesn't matter what they belong to, it matters what they are and what they mean to me. And since that retreat is the last thing we'll ever experience together before we graduate, it means a lot too. So, I had a lot of fun. Just as I came home, I couldn't think of anything else than to write about this. It's amazing. We did, of course, wish to stay a little longer, since Don Bosco also have great food. But anyway, thank you very, very much my classmates. You don't know how much this means to me. I will treasure it very dearly.

Our bags. x)
Waiting for the van.
In the van.
This picture is too weird.
Julie-Attack.
Where we had our retreat.
Kerrvy's emotion. x)
Another random picture.
In the dormitory!
Meet a new close friend of mine, Charisse. :)
The turtle. :)
Trixia unpacking and Julie attacking. x)
Always be aware of the Julie-attack.
Just some loads of picture taking.
And of course, I just HAD to take a picture of the dormitory. :)
Julie and Trixia.
Julie, Trixia AND Kerrvy.
The view from the nearest window.
Me and Kerrvy.
Julie and me.
The hall. There are different rooms there which were said to have different auras.
The middle part of the dormitory.
The window part of the dormitory.
And the wall part of the dormitory.
Spot the walrus. xD
Planking (is getting boring) and lying down. :)

XOXO I suppose? Other girl classmates.
Resting.
I expected something like this to happen during the night, but it didn't. :/
MESSY HAIR FOR THE WIN, BABY!
Yeah, we went outside even though it was raining.
The Retreat House seen from outside.
And the last picture before I surrendered my cellphone.
The morning after.
Packing.
Leaving.

It's a great feeling. I do want something like that to happen again though. ♥

- Christin Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment