Monday, February 6, 2012

To vomit earthquakes.

This is one of the most bizarre days ever. I went to school today, smiling and happy as always. But right after the flag ceremony and the weekly worship during Mondays in the gym, I felt nauseated and I really had the urge to throw up. I was excused by my adviser, and Kerrvy went along with my to the restroom. I stood there gagging outside the restroom when we both saw how full it was (freshmen students were preparing for a play in their Filipino subject). But when I went inside the stall, I stood there and I didn't feel so sick. Then we both went back to the classroom, and I sat down for awhile. After math period, during recess, the urge hit again, so now I went running with Jackie keeping up, and before I even reached the restroom, I threw up in one of the sinks outside the lockers. Damn, at least it was just fluid. But it was nothing comfortable. I threw up multiple times after that, until there was nothing inside my stomach. I sent a message to my mom, and told her about how I was doing. My parents came and picked me up, and even in the car I threw up two times. I have no idea what it was, but I was guessing it was because of my lack of eating. I got home, and I lay down immediately. But no, even if I ate food, I still threw up. In total, I vomited nine times. That's one of the most uncomfortable feeling ever.

My mom was my nurse today, and I'm proud of her. She cares for me so well, even my dad. My mom came in and out with food and drinks, and my dad told me carefully that it's important to get food in my system even if I threw them up again. He said it's worse to throw up with an empty stomach than a full one. I took some bites of the bread my mom made me, and as expected, it ended up in the toilet bowl some minutes after. I lay down and tried to get some rest. My mom came in my room and told me my sister, Hannah, was having the same problem. She was also throwing up and they were on the way to get her. Just as my mom went out the door, I started to wonder why in the world my bed was shaking. I heard one of my maids scream, "Earthquake!" That's when I sort of panicked and called for my mom, and screamed, "There's an earthquake!" Holy cow, the ground was really shaking under my feet, and I had no idea if I should be afraid or not, because it's not something I can stop anyway. My mom dragged me out of my room, and went outside for an open space. I stood there, sick and tired, and my mom was shaking. Well, it was pretty quick, so I went back inside. There was a power outage though, but I decided to lie on my bed for the hell of it. I listened to music for awhile.
Ugh. Every time I got up, I had to vomit. o.O"
Food and drinks were desperately falling in line. I wanted to eat them all, but meh, somehow my stomach pushed them out anyway.
They set up new curtains on my room, and I love how the lights comes in. I remember these curtains, and how they made me feel sad during the time of you know, this.
But now I'm alright. I had to go through a lot of coughing and gagging, but getting it out every time is better than keeping it in.

Well, whatever it was, my mother believes it was food poisoning since me and my sister got sick. I heard she threw up four times. I'm not entirely sure what we ate, but it must be something that only me and my sister ate since it was only the two of us who got sick. But at the moment, I'm fine. Classes were suspended right after the earthquake. There was even an earthquake in the city, which was even worse than where I live. I found a video, but I have no idea why the people are running.


As for an atheist, I lie here just hoping people are alright. I've received tons of messages about prayers, but I usually don't give a shit about that, honestly speaking. Yes, it did scare the hell out of me, the earthquake, mostly because I've never experienced it to be as shaky as that. I've come across earthquakes before, but they were too little to even get scared of. Damn. You know, it's nature, and it cannot be stopped no matter how much you pray... in my opinion. But I respect whatever you do, just don't let it brainwash you.


No comments:

Post a Comment